Wednesday, June 27, 2012

MOR EGG comic - What happened?

I did the art for this book, and worked on it for an incredibly dirt cheap price. Dirt! Cheap!


It was a good experience, in that it taught me about how a book needed to flow, and ways that I could plan ahead in my own personal work.

I haven't heard much about it, from the writers over the years. So I assume that it hasn't faired all that well.

I've posted some examples of the pages I illustrated without any word bubbles.

One BIG thing I learned from this, was that there is a huge amount of work that goes into pencilling, inking and colouring a book. If you go down this route on your own, you had better be prepared for a lot of time spent in front of whatever it is you'll be working with. Be it monitor, paper or... er... playdoh?

Overall, I was happy with the way my work turned out. I really tried to put in to practice many things that Scott McCloud discussed in his book Understanding Comics.




No comments: